You don't need to be a culinary master to impress your party guests. For this recipe, all you need is a hot dog and a side of imagination!
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
- 1 cooked hot dog
- 1/2 of a round roll
- 1 slice of cheese
Did You Like This Recipe?
- Place the slice of cheese on top of the roll and toast in a toaster oven until just melted.
- To create the octopus shape you will need to do some fancy cutting.
- Hold the hotdog vertically and cut three slices almost all the way down the length of the hotdog leaving about 1.5 inches unsliced.
- Use our diagram as your cutting guide.
- Form the shape of the octopus by opening up the eight "legs" you just sliced.
- Spread the legs out and carefully place the octopus on top of the melted cheese bun.
- Draw two eyes on the octopus head using mustard.
- Serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!