This recipe makes enough mini chicken parmesan subs for eight guests to enjoy.
How to Make Hero Subs:
- 4 ounces of boneless, skinless chicken strips, uncooked
- 1-2 cups Panko® bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (26 ounce) of your favorite brand of pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheesev
- 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
- 8 small sub rolls
Did You Like This Recipe?
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lightly beat the egg in a small bowl.
- Dip the raw chicken in the egg and then roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Pat the bread crumbs down lightly so they stick to the chicken.
- Arrange the coated chicken in a 13" x 9" glass dish.
- Bake the chicken uncovered at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Pour the pasta sauce over the chicken in the pan.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for another 10 minutes.
- To serve, place one piece of sauce and cheese covered chicken on a small sub roll and enjoy!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!