Top your cookies with this easy-to-make icing.
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large egg white
- Food coloring
- Stir 1 egg and 2/3 cup powdered sugar together in a microwave bowl.
- When mixed thoroughly, microwave on high for 50 seconds.
- Temperature should read 160 degrees on an instant read thermometer.
- Add 2/3 cup more powdered sugar to the bowl and beat until icing is cool and holds stiff peaks.
- Add food coloring as desired.
- If icing cookies, be sure to cover bowl with a damp cloth while not in use.