To make 10 Ghost on a Stick snacks, you will need:
- A Cookie Sheet Lined with Wax Paper
- A Wooden Stick or Spatula
- A Wide, Shallow Glass or Microwave-Safe Bowl
- 1 Pound of White Chocolate Pieces
- 5 Bananas Cut in Half Lengthwise
- 10 Popsicle Sticks
- Candy, Raisins or Other Decorations to Form the Ghosts' Faces
Once you've gathered your ingredients and tools, follow these instructions to assemble the Ghosts:
- Place the white chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat it at 60% power (or level 6) for 1 minute.
- Stir the melted white chocolate. If there are still some solid pieces in the bowl, microwave it again for no more than 1 minute, and then check and stir it. Repeat as necessary until all of the white chocolate has melted.
- Once the white chocolate is completely melted, take it out of the microwave and let it cool a bit until it's just slightly warm.
- Dip the banana halves in the white chocolate to coat them.
- Place the coated banana halves on a wax-paper-lined cookie sheet.
- While the white-chocolate coating is still tacky, use candy, raisins or other decorations to form the ghosts' faces.
- Refrigerate the coated and decorated bananas for at least 20 minutes.
- Insert a popsicle-stick into the bottom of each banana to finish off your Ghost on a Stick snacks, and then serve them within one day.