To make Fudge Spiders, you will need:
- A saucepan
- A spatula or spoon for stirring
- 18 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Red licorice strings
- Red Hots cinnamon candies
Once you've gathered your ingredients and tools, follow these instructions to make the Spiders:
- Place the chocolate chips and condensed milk in a saucepan and cook them over low heat, stirring occasionally until the chips have fully melted.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Chill the mixture for two hours or until firm.
- Roll the fudge mixture into ball shapes.
- Use red licorice strings to form legs next to the fudge balls, and then add Red Hots for the eyes.
- Keep the Fudge Spiders chilled until you are ready to serve them.
Tip: As an alternative, make this recipe with white chocolate chips and cut the fudge into ghost-shapes. Or, add orange food coloring and make pumpkin-shaped fudge.