- 2 quarts vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry bag with a large star tip
Makes 24 servings
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and margarine to a boil.
- Combine the flour and salt, and stir into the boiling mixture.
- Reduce heat to low and stir until the mixture forms a ball.
- Remove from heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Spoon the mixture into a pastry bag, fitted with a large star tip.
- Pour oil into a deep skillet until it is about 1 1/2 inches deep. Heat to 360 degrees F.
- Squeeze out 4-inch strips of dough from the pastry bag directly into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown, then remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- Roll the finished product in a mixture of the cinnamon and sugar, and serve while they are still warm!