Easy Beignets Recipe
Create tasty New Orleans style fried doughnuts with our simple beignet recipe. Serve these with milk or hot cocoa for a Café Au Lait feel kids will love! Ingredients: (Makes 30 doughnuts)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- Oil for deep frying
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Add butter and water to a medium saucepan and heat until melted.
- Add salt and flour. Stir until you form a sticky batter.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat the batter until smooth.
- Add vanilla and mix.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees. Use a spoon to add small mounds of dough. Fry several dough balls at a time for about 6 minutes for each batch. Beignets are done when they are golden brown on each side.
- Drain beignets on a paper towel and serve warm. Dust with the confectionary sugar and serve with milk or hot chocolate.