How to Slay a Dragon
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- 2 inflatable swords
- 1 dragon mask (purchased or made)
- 1 knight cape (purchased or made)
- A hat with each child's name written on a piece of paper inside
- A coin
- A whistle (optional)
- Small flags (optional)
- Draw two names out of the hat.
- One person will be a dragon who puts on the dragon mask, and the other person is the knight who puts on the knight cape.
- Flip a coin to determine who gets to be what.
- As a rule, the first name drawn from the hat gets to call "heads" or "tails."
- Give the dragon and the knight an inflatable sword.
- For argument's sake, explain that some dragons are trained to use swords!
- The knight will now fight the dragon.
- To determine the winner explain the following rules.
You can play the game long enough for everyone to get one turn or if they're having fun, until an ultimate champion is crowned by letting all the winners battle until one is left.
Optional ideas are to blow a whistle when a winner is declared each round and have the crowd wave little flags during the battles.
Have snacks available during this game for the crowd to enjoy.
- If an arm is hit by a sword, the wounded must put that arm behind their back and continue to fight.
- If a leg is hit by a sword, the wounded must hop on the other leg or fight on their knees (if both legs are hit).
- If the wounded is hit in the chest the other person is declared the immediate winner.
- Hits to the head result in a disqualification!