What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Light-colored construction paper
- Crayons or markers
- A hole punch
- Table and chairs
- Sit the children in a circle and tell them they are going to make up a dragon story together.
- Going around the circle, have each child add a sentence to the story. It can be either silly or scary.
- As each child says their sentence, write it down on the bottom of a sheet of construction paper with their name.
- Make sure the final person in the circle finishes the story. (If it's a small group, have everyone go twice.)
- Now, at a table have the children illustrate their sentence on the top of the piece of construction paper you used for each person.
- When everyone is finished, have them name the book. Write the name on another piece of construction paper for the cover. Have the children sign their name on the cover.
- Gather the pages together in order like a book and punch holes on the left side. Tie bows through the holes of the book with string.
- Present the finished book to the birthday child to keep!