In the Doghouse Musical Game
The object of this game is not to get caught in the "doghouse" when the music is stopped.
How to Play:
- Use a large box, such as a furniture box, to form a cardboard doghouse with two doors.
- Then, at the party, position an adult at a tape or CD player to stop the music periodically.
Did You Like This Game?
- When the music starts, the first child goes through one door of the doghouse and out the other.
- The next child in line follows the first.
- Children continue passing through the house until the music stops.
- The child who is in the doghouse when the music stops is caught.
- For younger children, award a prize or sticker to ensure that everyone wins.
- For older children, the child who is caught is "out" for that game, just as in musical chairs.
- Continue playing until only one child remains and is named the winner.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!