Hound Dog Cake Hunt
The object of this game is for the children to find the birthday cake by following clues.
- Before the party, draw 5"-6" paw prints using our Pawprint Pattern. Copy and cut them out.
- Write a clue on each paw print using the examples below.
- If preschoolers are participating, you will have to either find a helper to assist them with reading the clues or draw pictures of the locations of subsequent clues.
- For instance, you could draw a paw print on a picture of a tree to indicate that the clue is by a tree.
- Once your clues are prepared, hide them in the appropriate spots starting with the last clue and working backwards.
How to Play:
- You found your clues without a flaw,
Now look by the _______ for a clue on a paw.
- Use your nose to find a bone,
Look for a clue near the phone.
- Take a hint from Lady and the Tramp,
Take a look by the living room lamp!
- Sniffing out clues will help you get more,
Try looking for one by our front door.
- Clifford's a dog who is big and red,
He's hidden a clue near the birthday boy's bed.
Did You Like This Game?
- At the party, hand children the first clue.
- Lead the children from clue to clue until they find the cake.
- For ease, clues should probably lead back to the cake table.
- You would simply put the cake on the table just before the children arrive at the last location.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!