Tiana and Naveen's Lily Pad Leap
What You'll Need:
- Green construction paper to cut lily pads.
At the Party:
- Cut large lily pad shapes from green construction paper.
- You'll need a lily pad for each guest, and they need to be large enough for a child to stand on with both feet.
- Scatter the lily pads randomly on the floor of the main party area.
- Leave space in between each so that no two overlap.
- Tell your guests that when the music starts playing, they should start hopping like Tiana and Naveen when they were frogs.
- When the music stops, they must each find a lily pad on which to land.
- To begin the game, start playing the music.
- Stop the music after a few moments, and wait while each of your guests finds a lily pad.
- In the first round, there should be one lily pad per player.
- Start the music again, and then pick up one lily pad while the children are moving around the room.
- When you stop the music the second time, all but one child will have a lily pad to stand on; this child must leave the swamp (i.e. sit out until the end of the game).
- Continue playing, removing a lily pad after each round, until only two children are left in the game.
- The last child to hop onto a lily pad with both feet is the winner.
For younger children, you may want to give each child a small prize (e.g. a sticker or small piece of candy) as they are eliminated from the game to avoid hurt feelings.