What You'll Need:
- A large box (such as an appliance box)
- A music player
At the Party:
- Cut doorways on either side of a large appliance box.
- Tape the flaps onto the roof.
- Paint the box gray to look like a cave.
- Draw ferns and trees on the sides with marker.
- In addition, you can hang a sign on the outside which says, "T-Rex Cave."
- Set up the music player nearby.
For Older Children:
- Position someone at a music player to stop the music periodically.
- Line the children up one behind the other in front of the cave.
- When the music starts, the first child crawls or walks through the opening and out the other side.
- The next child in line follows.
- This continues until the music is stopped.
- The child who is in the cave when the music stops is "extinct."
The child who is extinct is out of the game until the next round. Play would continue until all the children except one are out.
For Younger Children:
You may wish to give the child who is caught a sticker. Play would continue until all but one child is caught. If you would like, you can award a slightly larger prize to the last player, such as a piece of candy.