The Great Cupcake Race
In this relay race, teams will race to decorate and eat their cupcakes the fastest. However, they must eat their cupcakes using only a spoon!
What You'll Need:
- Unfrosted cupcakes that are still in their baking cups
- Cans of whipped cream
- Plastic spoons
Bake cupcakes in baking cups and let them cool. Do not frost the cupcakes.
Make sure none of your party guests have food allergies that would prevent them from eating a cupcake or whipped cream. In case there is a guest with a food allergy, substitute a muffin, apple sauce or one of their favorite treats that can be eaten with a spoon.
At the Party:
- Divide your guests into teams of 4 or 5.
- Place a wrapped cupcake in front of each player. Do not let them touch the cupcakes yet!
- Give each player a plate and a spoon.
- Give each team a can of whipped cream and a bowl of sprinkles to share.
- When you say go, all the players must unwrap their cupcakes, place them on the plate, and add whipped cream and sprinkles.
- Finally, they must eat their cupcake using only a spoon with one hand behind their back.
- The first team to eat all their decorated cupcakes first wins!
Ask an adult to help supervise this activity to make sure each team fully decorates their cupcakes and eats them according to the rules.
Did You Like This Game?
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!