Cupcake Decorating Contest
What You'll Need:
- Plain cupcakes (1 for each child)
- Paper plates
- Plastic knives
- Tubs of icing
- Assorted Candy (i.e. gumdrops, licorice strings, colored wafers, M&Ms, sprinkles, etc.)
- Small bowls (to hold the assorted candy)
- 1 or 2 Markers
At the Party:
- Place a plate on the table in front of each child's seat.
- Write each child's name in marker on the bottom of his or her plate.
- Place a cupcake on each plate.
Did You Like This Game?
- Give each child a plastic knife and let small groups of children share tubs of icing.
- While the children are icing their cupcakes, place small bowls of candy corn, gumdrops, orange and black sprinkles and other decorative candy at each table.
- Give the children some time to decorate their cupcakes any way they'd like.
- After the children decorate their cupcakes, line up the plates on a table or counter.
- Use a marker to number the plates on their edges.
- Ask the children to vote for the funniest, prettiest, craziest, etc., by writing down the corresponding number.
- After the children vote, use the names on the bottom of the plates to pass the cupcakes back out for each child to enjoy while you tally the votes.
- Finally, announce the winners!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!