What You'll Need:
- Sheets of Lace and Felt
- A Large, Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- Large Embroidery Needles
- Narrow Satin Ribbon and Fine Thread (for stitching)
- Dried Lavender, Rose Petals, and/or Potpourri
Using the heart-shaped cookie cutter as an outline, cut heart shapes from felt and lace. You'll need at least one of each (a front and a back) for each child.
At the Party:
- Give each child a felt heart and a lace heart, some ribbon or thread, and an embroidery needle.
- Let them stitch ribbon or thread about 3/4 of the way around the edge of the hearts, leaving an opening. (Some ribbon may be too thick to stitch through felt, in which case you should use thread.)
- Have the children fill their hearts with dried lavender, rose petals, and/or potpourri, and then stitch them closed.
- Add a ribbon bow to each heart.