At the Party:
- Depending on the size of the party, choose two or three guests to be "loose links."
- Divide the other guests into groups of three or more; these children are the "chains."
- You should have at least as many chains as links.
- Have the chain groups line up with each child's hands on the waist of the child in front of them.
- When you say, "Go," each link must try to catch and hold onto the end of a chain.
- The chains should twist and turn to avoid being caught from behind.
- If a link manages to hold onto a chain, the player at the front of the chain breaks off and becomes a loose link.
- Continue play as long as desired.