Who Has the Ball of Yarn?
How to Play:
What You'll Need:
Did You Like This Game?
- Begin by explaining to the children that cats love to play with a ball of yarn. In this game, they get to be kittens hiding a ball of yarn from their owner!
- Have all the children sit in a circle, with a chair in one spot that is facing away from the circle.
- Place a ball of yarn on the floor behind the chair.
- Whoever sits in the chair becomes the cats' owner, and the rest of the children are the kittens.
- For the first round, let the birthday child sit in the chair with his/her back to the rest of the children.
- Choose another child to hide the yarn behind his/her back.
- When the yarn is hidden, all the children in the circle chant "Meow, Meow, Who has the Ball?"
- Now the child in the chair must try to guess who has the yarn.
- When he/she guesses correctly, the child who had the yarn is the next to sit in the chair and try to guess.
- Continue until everyone has had a turn, or until they tire of the game.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!