Name That Cat!
Find pictures of famous cats the children will know from books, movies and cartoons. Good places to find pictures are on book covers and in coloring books; or download pictures from bookstore, movie or TV websites. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- The Cat in the Hat
- Hello Kitty
- The Cheshire Cat
- The Aristocats
- Puss in Boots
- Azrael (from The Smurfs)
- Tony the Tiger
- Mittens (from Bolt)
- The Pink Panther
- Tom from Tom and Jerry
- Mufasa (from The Lion King)
- Crookshanks (from Harry Potter)
- Hobbes (from Calvin and Hobbes)
- Figaro (from Pinocchio)
You may also want to include pictures of big cats such as a lion, tiger, cheetah, leopard, or mountain lion/cougar/panther. Include only the cats your guests are likely to recognize.
At the party:
Did You Like This Game?
- Show pictures of the cats, and let your guests take turns identifying them.
- You may want to divide the children into two teams and let them compete against each other.
- Having teams may also help them to identify more of the pictures.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!