Dump Truck Relay
What You'll Need:
- 3 Cardboard Boxes
- Tin Pie Pans
- Construction Paper
- Masking Tape
At the Party:
- Decorate two boxes to look like trucks, using pie tins for wheels and construction paper cut-outs for doors and headlights.
- Make 60 - 100 small "rocks" using wadded up newspaper wrapped with masking tape.
- Divide the balls evenly between the two dump trucks.
- Divide the children into two teams. Place one dump truck full of rocks by each team.
- Place an empty box at the other end of the room, or running distance away if outdoors.
- Explain to the children that their goal is to move all of the rocks from their team's dump truck to the empty box without moving their dump truck.
- They may use any other method they wish, such as individually running with a handful of rocks, or setting up a line and passing the rocks from player to player.
- When you say "Go," the first team to move all of the rocks from their dump truck to the empty box wins.