Chugga, Chugga, Toot, Toot!
At the Party:
- Have the children sit in a large circle. Pick one player to be the "conductor."
- To start the game, the conductor walks around the outside of the circle, tapping each player softly on the head while saying, "Chugga."
- After making a lap, the conductor says "Toot toot!" while tapping one of the players on the head.
- The selected player must stand up quickly and chase the conductor around the circle.
- The conductor must try to get back to the vacated spot and sit down before being tagged.
- If the conductor gets tagged, he or she is the conductor again during the next round.
- If the conductor makes it to the empty spot before getting tagged, then the player who was tapped is the conductor for the next round.