Candy Scavenger Hunt
What You'll Need:
- Printed copies of our Candy Scavenger Hunt List, one per guest
- Small bags of wrapped, bite-sized candy and snacks listed on the Candy Scavenger Hunt List
- Empty goodie bags, one per guest
- Pens and pencils, one per guest
- A small prize
- Gather all the wrapped candy and mix them up.
- In a 50 x 50-foot grassy area or backyard, toss the candy in the grass.
- Secure all pets away from the playing area during this game.
If you are playing this game in hot weather, you may want to freeze the candy before the game begins. This will help prevent the candy from melting in the sun. Also, to make the game more difficult, use less candy. For instance, if the children only need to find one pack of gum, make sure there are only two or three packs on the field.
At the Party:
- Give each child one copy of the Candy Scavenger Hunt List and an empty goodie bag.
- Instruct the children that they must gather only the candy on the Candy Scavenger Hunt List. Children grabbing extra candy are disqualified. They'll have their chance later to get more candy.
- The first person to find all the candy on the list and bring it back to you wins a prize!
- After the game ends, have the children go back in the field and gather the remaining candy to keep.
- Search the field for extra candy before letting your pets back in the area.