What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- A list of spelling words appropriate for your child's age group. We suggest using birthday related words or words that describe your child's favorite topic.
- Line the children up in a row.
- One at a time, ask each child to step forward. Ask them to spell one word. Start with the easiest words and progressively make the words more challenging.
- If the word is spelled correctly, the child goes to the end of the line. If the word is spelled incorrectly, that child is out.
- If needed, a child can ask you to use the word in a sentence or define it.
- The last child left must spell a word correctly to win.
Ask the children to spell simple words backwards!