Race Car Bowling
Boys will love this game because it combines two of their favorite things--cars and knocking things down! You can use any kind of action figures as the "pins" for this bowling game but we recommend green army men because they stand upright easily.
What You'll Need:
- A long table or uncarpeted surface
- One different matchbox car for each guest (Note: for younger guests we recommend bigger cars that pull back and go)
- Masking tape
- 2-3 prizes for the winners
To set up your race car bowling alley do the following:
At the Party:
- Write all the guest's names on a piece of paper. You will use this later to determine the turn order and keep score.
- Clear off a long table or uncarpeted surface so that you have a 3 to 4-foot area to act as the alley.
- At the end of the alley, arrange 10 army men (or action figures) in a pyramid formation so that one figure is in the front row, two in the second row and so on.
- If you'd like you, add bumpers about 1-foot apart on each side of the alley. To do this you could build them out of LEGO bricks, use wooden blocks or tape paper towel rolls together.
- Cut strips of masking tape into 2-inch pieces and use them to make a dotted vertical line up the center of the ally. This should resemble a street for the cars to drive on.
- Mark the starting line with another piece of masking tape that's about 1-foot long at the front of the alley.
- Start off by giving each child a matchbox car. You can either draw names to see who gets to pick which car or just hand them out.
- Explain the following rules:
Now, ask the first child on the list to push their car down the bowling alley once. If they knock over any army men on their first turn, put those army men aside and then continue with the child's second turn. Repeat for their third turn.
At the end of their third push, write down the total number of army men they knocked down.
Set up the 10 army men again. (You can ask one child to be your helper and do this after each player has finished.)
Now have the next person on the list take their turn to see how many army men they can knock down. Write down their total.
Continue playing until everyone has had their turn.
Announce the names for third, second and first place (in that order) and award a small prize to these players.
In case of a tie for first place, have a tie breaker by doing the following:
- Everyone will get 3 chances to bowl over as many army men as they can.
- You must start your car at the starting line.
- You must push your car and not throw it.
- After your turn is over you get to keep your car. (This is optional but a good idea so everyone will walk away with a prize.)
Did You Like This Game?
- Set up the 10 army men.
- Give each player only one turn to see how many they can knock over with their car.
- Whoever knocks the most army men down in one turn gets first place.
- The other child will get second place.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!