Roll a Strike!
What You'll Need:
- One large poster board in any color
- Black construction paper
- White paper
- Double sided tape
- A blindfold
At the Party:
- Use scissors to cut a bowling ball for each guest from the black construction paper.
- Next, cut out ten bowling pin shapes from the white paper.
- If you wish, draw two red lines around the neck of each pin with a red marker.
- Attach the bowling pins to the poster board in the triangle format used at a bowling alley.
- Tape the bowling alley poster you've created to a wall in the party area, keeping the height of your guests in mind.
- Let the birthday child play first, and blindfold him or her.
- Place a piece of tape on the back of a bowling ball, and hand it to the player.
- Depending on the age of the player, have him or her stand anywhere between 3' and 10' away from the Bowling Alley poster on the wall.
- When ready, spin the blindfolded player a few times (but don't make them dizzy!), and then stop the child so she or he is facing in the direction of the bowling alley poster on the wall.
- Let the player walk forward and try to correctly pin the bowling ball on the poster!
- The goal is to attach their ball closest to the front bowling pin.
- Repeat until every player has had a turn.
- Whoever places their bowling ball closest to the target is the winner!
- If you wish, you can award all players a small prize, such as a sticker or piece of candy, and award a larger prize to the winner.