Sugar Cut-Out Cookies
Start your party with a fun icebreaker: sugar cookie decorating! Just use our sugar cookie recipe (below) or your own, shaped cookie cutters, and an assortment of colorful icing. When your guests arrive, set out the icing and give each child a cookie to decorate. This is a great way for the children to get to know each other and stay occupied while you wait for the remaining guests to arrive.
Want to customize your cookies? Check out our selection of cookie cutters to make these delightful treats fit your party's theme. For example:
Sugar Cut Out Cookie Recipe
- If you're throwing an ocean-themed party, use fish-shaped cookie cutters.
- For a puppy party, use bone- or dog-shaped cookie cutters.
- Throwing a prehistoric bash? Use dinosaur-shaped cookie cutters.
- For a garden party, use butterfly-shaped cookie cutters.
To make our Sugar Cut Out Cookies, you will need:
- 1 Cup of Softened Butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
- 3 Cups of Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons of Baking Powder
After you gather up your ingredients . . .
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Beat the egg and vanilla into the butter and sugar mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the baking powder, salt and flour.
- Mix the sifted dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients one cup at a time, and continue mixing until the dough becomes stiff.
- Divide the dough in half.
- On a floured surface, roll each half of the dough until it's approximately 1/8" thick.
- Cut out cookies using floured cookie cutters.
- Bake the cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet for 6 - 8 minutes, or until they're golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a baking rack for a minimum of 10 minutes before serving.