Rainbow Pasta Necklaces
Pasta necklaces are a fun craft activity that will entertain your guests for hours! The night before, prepare a rainbow selection of pasta beads for the children. Then, at the party, watch as they create beautiful necklaces you'll be honored to wear!
What You Need:
- Lots of penne, rigatoni or macaroni pasta
- Food coloring (red, blue, yellow)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Large re-sealable sandwich bags
- Wax paper
Food Coloring Chart:
- Add 1/4 cup of rubbing alcohol to a large re-sealable sandwich bag.
- Add 12 drops of food coloring (see color chart below) and mix thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup of pasta to the bag. Shake until the pasta is fully coated in dye.
- Let the pasta sit in the bag for about an hour.
- Turn the bag over and let the pasta sit for another hour. To produce a darker color, leave the pasta in the bag longer.
- Drain the pasta and set it aside on top of a sheet of wax paper to dry overnight.
- Make sure you keep each color of wet pasta separated on the wax paper while drying.
- The next day, children can string the rainbow pasta beads into necklaces!
Use the following color chart to dye a pasta rainbow!
12 drops of red
6 drops of red, 6 drops of yellow
12 drops of yellow
6 drops of blue, 6 drops of yellow
12 drops of blue
6 drops of blue, 6 drops of red