Guess the Lyric
To play Guess the Lyric, we recommend using songs from your related party theme. For example, if you're having a Disney party, you could use the songs "Be Our Guest," and "Under the Sea." It's more fun if you use songs that are fast paced!
What You'll Need:
How to Play Guess the Lyric:
- A music player with a pause button
- A CD of children's' music such as Disney songs or Nursery Rhymes
- A medium sized ball
- A prize (optional)
Did You Like This Game?
- Sit the children in a circle.
- Hand one person the ball.
- Start playing the music.
- As the music is played, the children should start passing the ball quickly (but carefully) around the circle.
- When you pause the music, whoever is holding the ball must guess the next lyric in the song.
- If they guess correctly, they stay in the game.
- If they guess incorrectly, they must leave the circle.
- Start the music again and instruct the children to continue passing the ball.
- Pause and start the song until two players are left in the game.
- Whoever guesses the most correct lyrics wins!
- Play again using a different song if the children are having fun.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!