In the movie Beauty and the Beast, there is a scene when food is passed around very fast during the song, "Be Our Guest." This game will see who can handle passing food (a bounce ball) fast without letting it drop. You can play this game with any song but we recommend "Be Our Guest."
What You'll Need:
How to Play Food Service:
- A music player and the song "Be Our Guest"
- 1 paper bowl for every guest
- 1 small ball for every guest
- Prizes (optional)
Did You Like This Game?
- Stand the children in a circle.
- Give every player a paper bowl and a small bounce ball.
- Instruct the children to place their bounce balls in their bowls.
- When you start playing the music the children should pass their bowls carefully around the circle slowly.
- After about 30 seconds call out "faster!"
- The children should start passing their bowls a little faster.
- If at any time a child drops (and does not catch) their ball while passing they are out of the circle.
- After another 30 seconds call out "faster" again.
- The song "Be Our Guest" is about three and half minutes long which means you will call out "faster" seven times.
- Whoever is left with a ball in their bowl at the end of the song is the winner.
- If you'd like, award the winners a special prize. However, everyone can keep their bounce balls!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!
The Beauty and the Beast name and all related characters and elements are the property of Disney. This guide is not affiliated with or endorsed by Disney.