Musical Beach Towels
What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- 1 beach towel per guest
- A portable music player
- A CD of beach music
- Stickers or other small prizes
- Lay the beach towels on the ground with space in between each so that no two overlap.
- Tell your guests that when the music starts playing, they should start dancing or marching around the area with the towels.
- Then, when the music stops, they must lie down on a towel.
- In the first round of the game, there will be enough towels for every player.
- To begin the game, start playing the music. Stop the music after a few moments, and wait while each player lies down on a beach towel.
- Start the music again, and then pick up one beach towel while the children are moving to the music.
- When you stop the music the second time, all but one child will have a beach towel to lay on; this child is 'out" for the rest of the game.
- Continue playing, removing a beach towel after each round, until only two children are left in the game.
- The child who reaches the last beach towel is the winner.
For younger children, consider giving each child a small prize (e.g. a sticker or small piece of candy) as they are eliminated from the game to avoid hurt feelings.