The objective of this game is to be the first player who doesn't miss five baskets that their opponent successfully scores. Anytime a person misses a basket, they start to spell the word "HORSE." This game can be played with just two people on a basketball court or in a smaller area with found objects.
What You'll Need:
- One basket for every 2 players, this could be a trash can, laundry basket or a hoop that suction cups to the wall
- Small bounce balls or small basketballs
How to Play HORSE:
- Divide the children into pairs.
- Give each pair a ball and a hoop (trash can, basket, etc).
Did You Like This Game?
- The person with the closest birthday gets to go first. This person can try to shoot the ball from any place they'd like.
- If they make the basket, the other player has to stand in the exact spot their competitor was standing. From this spot, they must also successfully make a basket.
- If they make the basket, it's their turn to stand anywhere they want to shoot. If they do not make the basket, they get the letter "H."
- Play continues while the two opponents challenge each other to make successful baskets. Each time a basket is not made, the person who missed gets another letter from the word "HORSE."
- The first player that spells "HORSE" is out. This means the other player is the winner!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!