The object of this game is not to get caught by the hungry hyena (one of the children). This game is a spin on duck, duck, goose but a lot more fun to play!
What You'll Need:
How to Play Lion Hunt:
- A music player
- Music from The Lion King
Did You Like This Game?
- Stand all but one child in a circle. These players are the lion cubs.
- The remaining child should stand in the middle of the circle. This player is the hyena.
- Start playing a song from The Lion King such as "Hakuna Matata" or "I Just Can't Wait to Be King."
- As the song plays, the children should start walking around the circle slowly.
- The child in the middle should close their eyes, spin slowly, and place one arm in front of them and point (like the hand of a clock).
- Let the child in the middle spin a couple times as the other children march around, then pause the music.
- When the music pauses, the lion cub the hyena is pointing to is about to become lunch!
- The hyena must now chase the lion cub around the circle.
- If the lion cub makes it back to their spot in the circle, they are safe.
- If the lion cub is tagged by the hyena, they have been caught and are now out of the game.
- Once a child is out, they can be the next person to pause the music.
- The hyena now returns to the middle of the circle and continues to try to catch all the lion cubs.
- The last lion cub left is the winner and gets to be the next hyena!
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!