Tell Me if I'm Wrong
At the Party:
- Have the children sit in a circle around an adult leader.
- The leader tells the children that he is going to name some animals that they'll know, but to please let him know if he makes a mistake.
- The leader starts by listing five or six animals, followed by an unrelated word, such as "banana."
- When the children hear this nonsense word, they yell, "Nooooo!"
- The game gets louder as the mistakes get sillier.
- The leader says, "Tiger, Giraffe, Hippo, Rabbit, Salamander, Football..."
- And the children say, "No!"
- The leader then says, "Snake, Lizard, Spider, Underwear..."
- And the children say, even more enthusiastically, "Nooooo!"
- The leader continues in the same way for as many rounds as desired, throwing in subsequently sillier unrelated words each round.