Elephant Tug of War
The goal of this game is to accumulate the most points for your team by repeatedly pulling the opposing "Elephant" over to your side of the play area.
Note: If guests are too young to play, they're sure to get a kick out of watching two adults in a tug of war!
At the Party:
- Divide the children into two equal teams.
- To start, each team picks one representative to be their "Elephant."
- The two chosen "Elephants" then stand on either side of a line. (You can either tape or draw a line on the ground, or just use a doorway.)
- The two players hold hands and try to pull each other across the line/through the doorway as their teammates cheer them on from either side.
- Make sure to play several rounds so that everyone gets a chance to be an "Elephant."
- If playing competitively, keep a tally of the number of times each side's "Elephants" pull their opponents over the line, then award a prize to the team with the most points at the end of the game.