Flying Saucer Toss
In this game, children will test their Frisbee throwing skills by tossing them through a hula hoop.
What You'll Need:
- A hula hoop
- A Frisbee
Hang a hula hoop from a tree branch using string. The hoop should hang just above your child's eye level.
At the Party:
- Have the children stand single file approximately 10 feet from the hoop (stand further back if the children are older).
- Ask one child to volunteer to be the catcher. This child will be responsible for throwing the Frisbee back to each child in line. They will have a turn to throw last. Make sure this child does not stand directly behind the hoop but off to the side.
- Give each child a chance to throw the Frisbee through the hoop. If they make it, they stay in line. If they don't make it, they are out.
- Continue playing until everyone has had one chance to throw the Frisbee.
- Ask the remaining children to take a big step back so that they are a little further away from the hoop.
- Start the second round, and let everyone who successfully throws the Frisbee stay in line.
- Continue playing this way until one person is left.
After each round make sure the players take a big step back.
Play the game without using points or let everyone stay in the game if they miss. You can also give each child three turns instead of one.
Did You Like This Activity?
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!