Pin the Tail on the Airplane
What You'll Need:
- A large poster of an airplane. Or take a magazine photo to the copy shop and have it enlarged.
- Airplane tails cut from construction paper
- Double sided tape
- A blindfold
At the Party:
- Use scissors to cut out enough airplane tails for every player.
- Tape the Airplane poster to a wall in the party area, keeping the height of your guests in mind.
- Choose a child to play first, and blindfold him or her.
- Place a piece of tape on the back of an airplane tail, and hand it to the player.
- Depending on the age of the player, have him or her stand anywhere between 3' and 10' away from the Airplane poster on the wall.
- When ready, spin the blindfolded player a few times (at least 3, but don't make them too dizzy!), and then stop the child so she or he is facing in the direction of the Airplane poster on the wall.
- Let the player walk forward and try to correctly pin the tail on the Airplane.
- Repeat until every player has had a turn.
- Whoever places their tail closest to the target is the winner.
- If you wish, you can award all players a small prize, such as a sticker or piece of candy, and award a larger prize to the winner.