Flying Jet Planes
What You'll Need:
- Pictures of airplanes, or construction paper to cut your own.
At the Party:
- Make photo copies of the airplane on letter sized heavy paper.
- Alternatively, cut one large airplane shape for each guest from construction paper.
- Scatter the airplanes randomly on the floor of the main party area.
- Leave space in between each so that no two overlap.
- Tell your guests that when the music starts playing, they should hold their arms out and fly like airplanes.
- Then, when the music stops, they must each find an airplane on which to land.
- To begin the game, start playing the music. Stop the music after a few moments, and wait while each of your guests finds an airplane.
- In the first round, there should be one airplane per player.
- Start the music again, and then pick up one airplane while the children are moving around the room.
- When you stop the music the second time, all but one child will have an airplane to stand on; this child must land his jet plane (i.e. sit out until the end of the game).
- Continue playing, removing an airplane after each round, until only two children are left in the game.
- The last child to stand on an airplane with both feet is the winner.