Backpack Relay Race
What You'll Need:
- 2 children's backpacks
- Hiking or camping items to put in each backpack. Use items like a flashlight, blanket, water bottle, plastic plate and bowl, etc.
At the Party:
- Fill each backpack with the camping items.
- Mark a start line by setting the filled backpacks on the ground a few feet apart.
- Use masking tape to mark the turning point about 20 feet away from the start line.
- Divide guests into two teams, and have the members of each team line up behind their team's backpack.
- When you say "Go!" the player at the front of each line must put on the backpack.
- They must put both arms through the straps and carry it on their back. They can't just pick it up and run.
- The player should run to the masking tape, turn around and run back to his team, take off the backpack and hand it to the next player in line.
- The next player puts on the backpack and runs to the masking tape line and back. The first team to complete the relay wins.