Make a Music Video
Your party guests will be so excited when they hear they're about to star in their first music video! It's up to you if you want the birthday child to be the star of the video or if everyone lip synchs in unison. Use your best judgment but also ask the children if any of them want to be in the spotlight or the background of the video. Shy children may not want to be in front of the camera and that's okay too. Let them film some of the video or help with hair and makeup.
What You'll Need:
How to Film a Music Video:
- A song of your guest's choosing
- A music player
- A video recorder
- Video editing software such as Windows Movie Maker or iMovie
Did You Like This Activity?
- Ask your guests to pick one of their favorite songs they know the lyrics to.
- Let everyone know they are going to make a music video to this song! This means they will be lip singing, dancing and filming the video as a group.
- Ask the children who wants to be in the video, who wants to film the video and who wants to do other things. You'll be surprised what the children come up with, for instance someone may want to be in charge of lighting or props.
- Let the children discuss what their music video is going to show. For instance, they may just want to jump up and down and sing or they may want to film additional scenes of the dog running around or balloons floating in the air. Encourage their creativity!
- Do a few practice runs of the video before filming.
- After you film the video there may or may not be time to edit and watch the video. If not, then do this after the party and mail each child a copy of the video when you send out your thank you notes.
your comments or questions. We'd love to hear from you!