What You'll Need:
At the Party:
- Red, white, and blue construction paper
- Hole punch
- Have each guest cut 10 star shapes out of the construction paper.
- Once they have their stars cut out, punch a hole at the top of each star near one of the star points.
- To assemble the garland, give each child a piece of yarn that's about 5 feet long (60 inches).
- Demonstrate how to attach the stars to the yarn by doing the following:
- Loop the yarn through one of the star's hole and tie a knot. The first star should be tied towards the end of the piece of yarn.
- Now move about 6 inches down the piece of yarn and knot the second star onto the string.
- Continue moving 6 inches down and knotting stars until all ten stars have been tied to the yarn.
Once completed, they can hang their star garland in their room or on a patio or balcony!